Legoland California Resort is an amusement park located in Carlsbad, California. It is also a renowned miniature park designed by Lego Toys; a company based in Denmark. This park also houses a large aquarium for entertaining visitors. This is the first Legoland Park that was opened away from Europe, as the first two Legoland parks are in European cities. It was inaugurated in May 1999 and it is now managed by Merlin Entertainments, a British entertainment company based in London.
Main features of Legoland California Resort
The theme park of Legoland California Resort was inaugurated in 1999.
- A section of this park is called Explorer Island, which contains different types of exciting rides and games for children. Coastersaurus, Fairy Tale Brook, and Safari Trek are some features of this area.
- The Heartlake City is another section of this amusement park, housing a zone of water sports called Heartlake Fountain, a gaming zone called Heartlake Stables, a stage for musical performances called Friends Forever Stage, and a carousel called Mia’s Riding Camp.
- Fun Town is another important part of this park comprising a playground for children called DUPLO Playtown, a short train ride within the Playtown area called Legoland Express, self-driven Lego cars in Driving School and Junior Driving School. Adventurer’s Club, Lego Factory Tour, and Lego Life Zone are other kids’ activity areas that are very popular.
- Miniland USA is a miniature park containing symbols of architecture from seven places in the USA. There are also numerous attractions in this zone, displaying miniature models of architectural wonders available throughout the world. Visitors also have a view of Lego busts of many famous personalities.
- Land of Adventure is designed to show Egypt in the 1920s, which started in 2008. It contains several amazing attractions that provide thrilling experiences that will create lifetime memories for visitors of all ages.
- Lego Movie World is the latest addition to this theme park, which just started in 2021. There is a flying theatre in two towers of Emmel’s Flying Adventure, and many other attractions.
Sea Life Aquarium is a newer addition to Legoland California, opened only in 2008. It is the first of its kind to be opened in the USA. It has a 35 feet long tunnel that spreads over 36000 square feet area in two stories. This tunnel is made of acrylic and visitors can walk through it. There are numerous Lego models of various sea creatures in this tunnel, showcasing marine life with these life-like models.
The water park of Legoland California Resort was started in 2010. It is located just next to the Fun Town building in this park. It was later expanded in 2014, with the addition of some special features. This Legoland is the first one to open a water park, as the water park in Legoland Florida opened in 2012. There is an artificial river where kids can play by building Lego bricks from foam. There are plenty of slides and play zones for the entertainment of children in this water park.
Legoland California Resort houses many other features, like Imagination Zone, Castle Hill, Lego Ninjago’s World, Pirate Shores, and Land of Adventure.